For most companies manufacturing dietary supplements, the process of managing compliance requirements for raw materials is complex and inefficient.
Data and documentation required for formulation and label claim substantiation is often stored in spreadsheets and multiple folders, making it hard for internal teams to collaborate and approve material information and thus get new finished goods to market faster.
Vitature™ is a cloud-based material management compliance solution, which keeps track of the proof you need to ensure your product’s label accurately represents what’s in the bottle.
Vitature digitizes, standardizes, and centralizes the data and documentation required to automate raw material information exchange. Access Vitature anywhere, from any internet-connected device, and use it to collaborate with your team and raw material suppliers.
Research Materials and Substantiate Label Claims
As part of our mission to digitize and standardize raw material data, we’ve created the proprietary Vitature Smart Ingredient Taxonomy. Use the comprehensive Vitature Science Database to research ingredients and substantiate label claims.
- The Vitature Science Database with over 300,000 vetted studies curated by subject matter experts and filterable by health topic, study type, and journal ranking, among other things.
- Around 2,000 raw material suppliers and product catalog listings.
- The Vitature Smart Ingredient Taxonomy with over 15,000 ingredients including source and form attributes.
- Safety information including Prop 65, FDA alerts and advisories, and known adulterants.
- Regulatory notifications including GRAS, NDI, Pre-DSHEA, and HOC.
- Market insight into how many, and what kind of, products ingredients are used in.
- Drug and supplement interactions and side effect information.
Centralize Material Data Management
Digitize all of your raw material management data and documentation in one place, accessible from anywhere. Vitature has everything you need to collaborate, and supports product formulation, compliance, label claim substantiation, and material specification development.
- Tools to build material specifications and find suppliers that match your requirements.
- Tracking of all material-related information, including toxins, allergens, and nutrition composition for use in bulk formulation and label claim substantiation.
- Tracking of all activity and approvals, so you know who approved all documentation and data.
- Material specification development that leverages SIDI™ (Standardized Information on Dietary Ingredients) protocol.
- Supplier collaboration portal centralizing information exchange between you and your suppliers.
- PDF conversion and export for all data, making it easy to create product dossiers and be 100% audit ready.
Manage Compliance and Mitigate Material Risk
Use Vitature to assign expiration dates to crucial documents, such as supplier certificates, and you’ll be automatically alerted when they’re going to expire, ensuring seamless compliance management.
- Supplier-qualification management.
- Material status tracking.
- Supplier material specification comparison.
- Supplier material view and approval.
- Certification and documentation expiration management.
- Compliance and completeness tracking for materials and supplier materials.
Manage Bulk Formulas
Vitature makes it simple to see all raw materials associated with a bulk formula, so you can substantiate label claims, determine formulation changes, and view how new supplier materials might affect your bulk formula.
- Streamline product development and reformulation with the ability to analyze bulk formulas in one place and quickly see if anything is out of alignment or compliance.
- Dynamic charts that compare all regulatory statuses, toxins, nutrition and composition data, allergens, and certifications across your raw materials.
- Export to Excel or PDF for easy product dossier creation helping streamline label creation and information exchange to your customers.
Automate Information Exchange
Share information related to raw material specifications and supplier qualification forms with manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacturers can request data from suppliers in Vitature, which suppliers can then upload directly into Vitature. This makes it painless for manufacturers to compare or create supplier-specific raw material specifications, to approve that information, and to transfer it into Vitature.
- In-tool requests to suppliers for raw material specifications and documentation.
- In-tool requests for tracking and status.
- Web-based access for raw material suppliers.
- Tools to approve or request supplier documentation.
- Single-source access to all documentation for internal teams.