Is Your Supply Chain DSHEA Compliant?
Be Sure with Vitature®
What Is DSHEA?
DSHEA is the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act passed by Congress in 1994 that created a national regulatory framework for dietary supplements. DSHEA and rules based on DSHEA:
- define certain foods as dietary supplements;
- set safety standards for dietary supplements, including Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs);
- detail “Dietary Supplement Labeling Exemptions” and limit health claims that can be made about supplements;
- establish permissible statements of nutritional support (structure/function claims);
- outline requirements for dietary supplement labeling, including nutrition information; and
- specify standards that new dietary ingredients must meet to avoid being deemed adulterated.
How Does Vitature Ensure Supply Chain Compliance with DSHEA-Required CGMPs?
Vitature helps manufacturers and suppliers adhere to CGMPs by allowing for:
- robust digital audit trails;
- raw material specification management;
- streamlined, digital qualification of raw material suppliers;
- raw material documentation management, including expiration tracking; and
- access to proprietary science and regulatory databases that drive formulation and substantiation.
Why Choose Vitature for Supply Chain DSHEA Compliance?
Vitature makes compliance simple by implementing standardized templates and tools based on the Standardized Information on Dietary Ingredients (SIDI™) Work Group’s recommendations, including raw material data-sheet templates for botanic and non-botanic ingredients. These templates make it easy to build and compare raw material specifications and bulk formulas; qualify materials, sites, and companies; and find quality suppliers committed to transparency. Vitature also supports label substantiation for finished products, so you can ensure the label claims you make have the proper documentation to satisfy DSHEA requirements.